0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Encourage LEO aiding Civ's priorities and RPs

Luke H

Community Moderator
Reasons we should encourage LEO to aid a civ's priority.
  1. Allows LEO to take their time with a priority.
  2. Civilians don't feel rushed to finish their priorities.
  3. LEO can plan their entry/tactics together.
  4. More dynamic value to even repetitive priorities.
  5. Fewer priorities per hour, but more content within those priorities.
As it stands, the meta is that the LEO end the priorities no matter what it is as fast as possible. This creates arguments between the LEO and civilians and makes the game unfair or unlikable. I believe if us LEO allowed the civilians to continue their RP while we step down and cooperate between departments, the almighty hated 10-80's could actually be dynamic and turn from a vehicle pursuit to a barricaded subject.

We may be used to the <10 minute priorities of either a vehicle pursuit or bank robbery because it seems that they go nowhere, but perhaps this is because we don't let them get anywhere with the priority. If the LEO worked with DFR to stage EMS outside while the local SWAT teams decided who goes where and does what the civilians could plan their own escape plans or negotiate with LEO to make a new path in their priority.

This concept could have priorities last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour-long, but would be exciting for the civilians and LEO as they are constantly communicating to meet demands. There would be fewer arguments about the aftermath of a scene because the LEO could calm the situation so much that the civilians don't have to worry about being shot in the back of the head for simply robbing a bank. Additionally, previously LEO used the term "code-red" as means to shoot on sight when a civilian has shot many officers and while this term isn't used anymore, it's slowly moved its way into "lethal authorized". The LEO almost always has the upper hand in every scene so why not play it slowly and create a fun experience for all parties of the TX Network.

Spark a conversation in the thread, I'd love to see what other LEO and civilians think about this idea of making priorities less of a meta and more dynamic.

TLDR;
LEO should move at a slow-paced movement in order to allow civilians to create dynamic priorities which will overall make all parties of the TX Network have an enjoyable experience on the server.

Domestic

I really like this idea, especially now that im a leo and understand after only like 3 or 4 days how old pursuits get.

Nathan L. [4B-25]

The only thing that I have a problem with sometimes is when civs start a 10-80 after being pulled over for a stop sign violation. Which happened last night, as much is I’d love to aid a civs rp I feel that it’s hard to aid some civs rp as some civs just want to be in a pursuit. I fully agree with this but I think some prios are much harder to aid as an LEO when they are fleeing for no reason. But I very much so like this idea, I think the civs also have to work harder to make the scenes more creative as well.

Luke H

Community Moderator
The only thing that I have a problem with sometimes is when civs start a 10-80 after being pulled over for a stop sign violation. Which happened last night, I feel that it’s hard to aid some civs rp as some civs just want to be in a pursuit. I fully agree with this but I think some prios are much harder to aid as an LEO when they are fleeing for no reason. But I very much so like this idea, I think the civs also have to work harder to make the scenes more creative as well.
In situations like these, don't pursue. There isn't really a reason why you should feel the need to pursue a vehicle for breaking a harmless law, and if you have the plate/name it's 10x better not to. It's the officer's choice at the end of the day but even if we pursued that, let it play out and it might just be fun for both of the civs and LEO. Who knows, maybe the civ will go into a bank and try to rob it with hostages. Makes it feel like 2 priorities for one.

Nathan L. [4B-25]

In situations like these, don't pursue. There isn't really a reason why you should feel the need to pursue a vehicle for breaking a harmless law, and if you have the plate/name it's 10x better not to. It's the officer's choice at the end of the day but even if we pursued that, let it play out and it might just be fun for both of the civs and LEO. Who knows, maybe the civ will go into a bank and try to rob it with hostages. Makes it feel like 2 priorities for one.
Yeah that is what we had to do, I love your idea, but the civs gotta come up with some creative rps. Like domestic abuse or bank robberies where they don’t just try to kill everyone.

Luke H

Community Moderator
Yeah that is what we had to do, I love your idea, but the civs gotta come up with some creative rps. Like domestic abuse or bank robberies where they don’t just try to kill everyone.
I agree that the RP needs to improve, but the quality of RP is the name of the game. LEO are responsible for 80% of the quality of an RP, the rest is up to the civilian. A bank robbery can be REALLY fun, but when LEO decide that they don't need scene command or swat command or any planning whatsoever, it ruins the RP because it's back to the meta of "let's end this priority and move on to the next one."

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
+1

This also starts with departments too and I'm sure it's something us as department command can work on in the future.