0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Remove Community Officers

Terryl Bechtol

While I do understand that COs give non-LEOs a chance to be a cop, the detriments heavily outweigh the benefits, especially recently. COs have been causing massive headaches and problems for trained officers, including but not limited to: Simply not knowing how to RP (talking while dead, talking OOC, pulling long guns out of nowhere), refusing to maintain RTO, escalating situations (pulling weapons for no reason, blocking peoples vehicles in normal 10-11s), and a complete disregard for CoC at scenes. I hope that when the economy update comes, the community officer department will be removed. If someone wants to RP as an LEO, they should get the proper training.

Joseph W. 2V-16

While I do understand that COs give non-LEOs a chance to be a cop, the detriments heavily outweigh the benefits, especially recently. COs have been causing massive headaches and problems for trained officers, including but not limited to: Simply not knowing how to RP (talking while dead, talking OOC, pulling long guns out of nowhere), refusing to maintain RTO, escalating situations (pulling weapons for no reason, blocking peoples vehicles in normal 10-11s), and a complete disregard for CoC at scenes. I hope that when the economy update comes, the community officer department will be removed. If someone wants to RP as an LEO, they should get the proper training.
I totally agree but it probably will never happen. The idea of a community officer does need some revamping or at minimum some attention. I am lost on a solution.

Jaxon B

Every single applied officer in this server at least went CO once. There will never be any new applied members if they can not at least see what LEO is like on the server and go CO. If COs were removed, the server would be more dead than it ever has been. And with you talking about COs not knowing how to rp and breaking rules or whatever, I have seen more applied members break rules and not know how to RP, more than COs do.

Joseph W. 2V-16

Every single applied officer in this server at least went CO once. There will never be any new applied members if they can not at least see what LEO is like on the server and go CO. If COs were removed, the server would be more dead than it ever has been. And with you talking about COs not knowing how to rp and breaking rules or whatever, I have seen more applied members break rules and not know how to RP, more than COs do.
Yup. Very good point. I think at times every one needs a little reminder to maintain RP.

Habibi Ababwa

I 100% agree with this, if the community officer want to see what regular officers do then why not a civilian ride along?

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
Hi,

The problem is not the COs - the problem is us. If we as TX members have issues with these COs, instead of ridiculing them and suggesting removal, it might be better to offer them ridealongs and tell them to jump in the car and come for a drive with you. Teach them the ropes, answer any questions and make them feel included rather than cast out. I understand that sometimes you might not want to do a ridealong with anyone( believe me, I know) but if you want to attempt to solve the issues you may see, embrace them rather than isolate them. Just a thought.

I understand your issues, though. I was an absolute ass of a CO to have to deal with all those years back now.

M.K