0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Animal control building

Domestic

I think we should add an animal control building so that if a Game Warden is dealing with a small animal such as a dog, cat etc. Instead of sending them to the sandy prison if no owner is found they can send them to an animal control building which would increase realism.

In real life, animal control is called and game wardens do not get called down to the scene because they do not care one bit about them. There would need to be actual animal control for this to actually work at all, which will never happen.

Domestic

In real life, animal control is called and game wardens do not get called down to the scene because they do not care one bit about them. There would need to be actual animal control for this to actually work at all, which will never happen.
Well the server doesn't have animal control so game wardens are called to small animals also, what I'm saying is give us a place to send small animals that would be more realistic than putting them in the sandy shores prison.

Well the server doesn't have animal control so game wardens are called to small animals also, what I'm saying is give us a place to send small animals that would be more realistic than putting them in the sandy shores prison.
Game Wardens aren't supposed to respond to small animal calls or requests from LEOs because it wastes their time instead of doing important work (I got told in training) and just let the LEO know to let the animal be. Also I'm 99% sure you aren't supposed to jail animals but instead hospitalize them so that they would be put down like irl. (Also btw it is Dallas not Los Santos lol)

Game Wardens aren't supposed to respond to small animal calls or requests from LEOs because it wastes their time instead of doing important work (I got told in training) and just let the LEO know to let the animal be. Also I'm 99% sure you aren't supposed to jail animals but instead hospitalize them so that they would be put down like irl. (Also btw it is Dallas not Los Santos lol)
Which is why they would be put into the animal control
Building by LEO if they are a nuisance. It could also be a holding area for tranq animals like cows etc for them to recover and their owners to come get them.

Domestic

Either way we're still going to get calls about small animals being in roadways and at that point it's more of a matter of public safety and if we find them wandering around I feel like most get Wardens are going to realize that's someone wanting an rp so they're at least going to stop and check if the animal has a collar/owner nearby if not send them to the animal control building which would be just like county EMS or tow except it's county animal control

Luke H

Community Moderator
I think we should add an animal control building so that if a Game Warden is dealing with a small animal such as a dog, cat etc. Instead of sending them to the sandy prison if no owner is found they can send them to an animal control building which would increase realism.
How I've seen it be run in the past, and I am no longer in Game Warden so somebody correct me if wrong, is that Texas Game Wardens respond to Game related calls such as deer, boar, fish, etc. Domestic animals would then be RP'd by "/me calls animal control". There shouldn't be a need for a building dedicated to wildlife because, again from what I've seen, Game Warden will tranquilize and drop the animal off in the wilderness to eventually wake up.

Domestic

How I've seen it be run in the past, and I am no longer in-game warden so somebody correct me if wrong, is that Texas Game Wardens respond to Game related calls such as deer, boar, fish, etc. Domestic animals would then be RP'd by "/me calls animal control". There shouldn't be a need for a building dedicated to wildlife because, again from what I've seen, Game Warden will tranquilize and drop the animal off in the wilderness to eventually wake up.
The animal control building is for us to send domestic animals to instead of sending them to the hospital or prison, it would basically be like calling county EMS or county tow except they'll go to the animal control building.

Luke H

Community Moderator
The animal control building is for us to send domestic animals to instead of sending them to the hospital or prison, it would basically be like calling county EMS or county tow except they'll go to the animal control building.
I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Game Warden doesn't deal with domestic animals. If you would like to get an interior for something like this, it might be a good idea to start with getting Game Warden on board with dealing with domestic animals.

again, I could be wrong and Game Warden may already deal with domestic animals as I have not been in Game Warden for over a year now. If this is the case, I like the idea.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
Our wardens are typically found responding to calls involving the majority of our larger state wildlife (including aquatic creatures and birds). Usually the wardens don't tend to deal with the smaller domestic animals but have the right to attend an animal call if there's any form of potential animal abuse or rabid behaviour.

A domestic centre would be cool for sure but I don't think that we, A) Get enough calls to justify one & B) Should stay focused on the mountains and parks and leave the smaller stray cats and lost dogs to LEO's. If you wanted a building for domestic animals, there is an animal shop on Route 68 by the Dollar Pills called the "Animal Ark" which you can drop off domestic animals at.