0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Engine damage

Domestic

I think that engine damage should be added, I don't think it should be too aggressive but a couple of good hits should make your car unusable, this would promote better driving for everyone, this would also remove the possibility of fail rp of people having a major crash and somehow continuing to drive.

This, in my opinion, negates the new rule about not punishing people for unrealistic driving. Refer to Ted's post on 6/15/21. It would suck if an LEO went for a pit on a vehicle and their vehicle was disabled from doing it 3-4 times because their vehicle would never be disabled especially with a ram bar in real life unless they didn't use their ram bars to pit. The script is also very buggy where sometimes if you barely hit a pole while in any vehicle, it causes the engine to break for no reason. -1

Last edited:

onbfdfb

This, in my opinion, negates the new rule about not punishing people for unrealistic driving. Refer to Ted's post on 6/15/21. It would suck if an LEO went for a pit on a vehicle and their vehicle was disabled from doing it 3-4 times because their vehicle would never be disabled especially with a ram bar in real life unless they didn't use their ram bars to pit. The script is also very buggy where sometimes if you barely hit a pole while in any vehicle, it causes the engine to break for no reason. -1
1) i don't think this negates the rule, since all it does is apply damage to your vehicle, it gives people a reason to actually roleplay out a 10-80 and could open up some roleplay for DFD for like car entrapments.

2) they could always just not apply it to leo cars for a while, and then maybe when they have time modify the durability for any cars with ram bars.

3) as for the buggy part it could always be unfortunately caused by desync and i don't know if they can fix that unless the make the threshold higher for engine damage which kinda sucks. but who cares because you can roleplay it out and make something entertaining out of it

i personally like this suggestion and thinks it adds realism. it is actually a good replacement for the realistic driving rules. all people do is ram into eachother on east joshua currently, so +1.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
I think this could be an idea.

In terms of negating the rule, speaking from a staff perspective, we distinguish between unrealistic driving and genuine attempts to RP. For example, if someone drives off a mountain but continues to drive after their vehicle is heavily damaged from the fall, we will look into punishing that individual. However, if someone hits into a pole or hits a few cars, loses a door and just generally uses their car like a bumper car, we won't punish for that (unless it gets excessive) because a car can continue like that. There is a key difference between real life physics and GTA physics and as much as we can try and talk about "realism", I don't believe we'll ever get that so therefore I think a better approach would be adopting smaller things such as engine damage to increase the immersion whilst keeping it fun and GTA as we know it.

+1

Joseph W. 2V-16

I think this could be an idea.

In terms of negating the rule, speaking from a staff perspective, we distinguish between unrealistic driving and genuine attempts to RP. For example, if someone drives off a mountain but continues to drive after their vehicle is heavily damaged from the fall, we will look into punishing that individual. However, if someone hits into a pole or hits a few cars, loses a door and just generally uses their car like a bumper car, we won't punish for that (unless it gets excessive) because a car can continue like that. There is a key difference between real life physics and GTA physics and as much as we can try and talk about "realism", I don't believe we'll ever get that so therefore I think a better approach would be adopting smaller things such as engine damage to increase the immersion whilst keeping it fun and GTA as we know it.

+1
I totally agree, during a 10-80 when the suspect flies up an embankment or steep hill in two door sports car and keeps going is aggravating.