0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

make the server whitlisted

I mean honestly it would create better rp and give staff a brea, and I'm not trying to say anything bad about the server but I don't know if it would be sustainable since there aren't many ways to find out about the server other than the server list
Honestly, I did really like the whitelist. Gotta remember that we are the public server and if we keep it whitelisted we might not make departments grow. Personally, I've liked the whitelist where I think Ted was testing it out a couple of days a week and then the other days were public.

Domestic

Honestly, I did really like the whitelist. Gotta remember that we are the public server and if we keep it whitelisted we might not make departments grow. Personally, I've liked the whitelist where I think Ted was testing it out a couple of days a week and then the other days were public.
I mean honestly that could be a good idea, on the days it's not whitelisted it would give new players a chance to check out the server and if they like it they could either apply to be a civ or apply to a department.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
+1

The whitelist was a breath of fresh air for myself and a lot of people; it came with some good benefits for the server, some of which I'll list below;

1. LEO's seemed far more enthusiastic to RP different scenes, even if it was 1080s or 1068s. With the LEO's being motivated to actually want to continue these sorts of priorities, we saw much deeper and in-depth scenes because there wasn't any rushing in or senseless killing but rather some genuinely good roleplay between civilians and law enforcement. Good LEO RP = good civ RP.
  2. It didn't compromise footfall to the server. Without whitelist, we had been getting 25/30 people, with whitelist, we stuck with those numbers but actually increased the quality of RP we had.
  3. It was a good chance to separate the wheat from the chaff. No modders, no RDMers, no VDMers, none of it. I highly doubt anyone can dislike this.
  4. Contrary to what people might think, it actually increased footfall to our departments. Speaking on a technical side, we saw a huge increase in members to departments such as FAA, TXGW and various other LEO departments. This is great for the server as a whole as new faces are always welcome.
Those are just 4 reasons why this was a good experience, even for the 4 days we had it on. In such a short time we managed to generate such a positive response to it and this is why I myself am a massive supporter of whitelist.

M.K

Luke H

Community Moderator
I like the idea for whitelist, but I think for the survival of the server it should stay public. We don't have an effective way to get and keep players, we rely on the public part of the server along with public cop to keep the server active with players.
Huge servers you may watch streamers play depend on content creators for their player base and to keep it alive, which we don't have.

I think a stronger alternative would be requiring players to;
1. Join the discord server
2. Type a command in #commands such as -verify

This method would allow the majority of players who are here to roleplay to join and deter the rulebreakers or trolls away.
This would also be very similar to tokovoip, players who didn't want to go through the steps of joining the tokovoip server usually were trolls and didn't come to actually roleplay. Tokovoip is now obsolete compared to mumble, but having a verify command would definitely give us that sense of whitelist, but still allow new players to come and enjoy the server.

I like the idea for whitelist, but I think for the survival of the server it should stay public. We don't have an effective way to get and keep players, we rely on the public part of the server along with public cop to keep the server active with players.
Huge servers you may watch streamers play depend on content creators for their player base and to keep it alive, which we don't have.

I think a stronger alternative would be requiring players to;
1. Join the discord server
2. Type a command in #commands such as -verify

This method would allow the majority of players who are here to roleplay to join and deter the rulebreakers or trolls away.
This would also be very similar to tokovoip, players who didn't want to go through the steps of joining the tokovoip server usually were trolls and didn't come to actually roleplay. Tokovoip is now obsolete compared to mumble, but having a verify command would definitely give us that sense of whitelist, but still allow new players to come and enjoy the server.
I don’t visit this area often so I’m behind, I would say if we even did have some streamers/ content creators they probably wouldn’t want to stream this server right now. I think the past two days I’ve had two really good RP’s and than it’s like everyone is gone. Those kind of people need good content to want to stream it. Just my .02